Sunday, December 11, 2011

Yo.  Just got done uploading the cd covers for my upcoming solo percussion disc.  I know, no one wants cd's. No one wants vinyl either, got plenty of it on hand...I've recently acquired a used Macbook and I'm getting it tuned up and dialed in so it will have no problem committing my excited molecules to the hard drive proper.  It's probably going to be quite an Afro-Cuban referenced offering.  These days I play as much conga, bata and timbales as drum set.  Skin on skin is the realest sound.
When it's done, each disc will be put in one of these hand drawn sleeves.  Most of my art is done with Sumi ink and black marker.  I love the boldness, errant textures and definition these afford me.

































 

On another note:  I went hiking this morning at Black Creek.  All the trails crest this little mountain and drop you down to the shore of the Hudson.  When I made it to the water and my rising phoenix tendencies kicked in, my forest and river fed reflections brought forth a new maxim for the people:  Common Sense, Not Commerce.  I ain't no pinko or commie Whole Foods blowhard.  I like stuff, too.  I'm just saying that it is unacceptable to keep destroying our home.  Destruction is the dominating element in the 21st Century.  We need to kill that noise. No longer can this unmitigated war on natural resource continue. What to really do?  Not sure, but me thinks shit will be very NASTY before things get consonant.  These values are enforced by people with guns.  They think their helping...Oh, and another thing, just because you read Noam Chomsky, are a strict vegetarian, listen to NPR religiously(pun intended) and/or drive a hybrid with your Chacos hanging loose does in no way indicate you're participating in a solution.  You're participating in a calculated delusion.  Remember, NASTY.  I'm pretty sure that's going to be the only way. Thank you and goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment